Additionally, explore some of the privacy/security concerns to consider when developing an audience on any social media platform? What are the concerns for individuals who become influential in a social space?

Before creating a podcast, I need to consider what are my goals and learning targets. These ideas will be the backbone of my podcast. Then, I will register a new account on the mainstream networking platform. A qualified platform must have the functionally to communicate and share information with others because learning by myself is not efficient and comprehensive enough. In the next step, I am going to forum study groups and add users who have similar goals or targets with me. I can learn and be inspired by the group members’ perspectives, also they can provide helpful suggestions while I facing problems. I will continually share my ideas, personal thoughts, feeling with group members, and engage in others’ communication and feedback, so we can learn and progress together through our PLN.

While I am doing research for my computer science project last semester, I notice there are lots of successful podcasts. Pet Walters[1] is one of them that attracts my attention. One of his blogs about “machine learning technology” has more than 50+ people comments. Most of the users thought his explanation and notes are very helpful to understand an abstract idea. In order to emulate success stories in this space, there are a few points we need to consider. Firstly, always provide high-quality information, thinking about why it’s important and how to demonstrate this concept. Secondly, organizing language with the right word choice, make sure all the audience understands what are you talking about. thirdly, engaging in communication, always accept different voice around you. Perspectives various from person to person, others’ ideas might not be right, but you can always obtain some inspirations from them.

There are always exist different voices when people share their opinions on the internet, sometimes the comment might run in the opposite direction from yours. Language is an invisible sword, it can be extremely hurt and lead to serious consequences. What you know may not be all, just as what you have heard may not be true. We need to be responsible for what we say online and learn how to distinguish rumours. Building a health PLN with learners around us is necessary, it’s key for us to continue learning from each other.‘

Reference:

[1] https://practicalcheminformatics.blogspot.com/2018/10/my-scienceprogramming-journey.html