PLN is an excellent tool to share and develop your interest and career-related knowledge. Build a PLN is more likely planting trees for a  forest. The process can’t achieve all at once. It takes our special care and maintenance. This course offers us the way to grow trees, in the future I know the right part the build a healthy PLN and progress together with users on the network. I am going to keep update my blogs and website, introducing it to my friends or peers. Let them join my PLN and start to build their own. Continue to expand the range of my PLN and connect with users with diversity.

Professional perspective PLN could opportunities related to career, prestige, public influences. In my experience, PLN actually helps me find my first Co-op job.Before I submit my resume and CV to a human resource market, I took an online course that teaches you how to build a proper Linkin profile, I benefit a lot from it. I apply through various platforms such as UVic Learning in motion, Linkin, indeed, etc. The suggestion algorithm on those platforms really offers me good exposure to the software development position. After I submit around 40 resumes, I received 2 interviews. The outcome is great. Can’t imagine back in the 90th people went to the human resource market to submit their business card and resume physically. Social media platforms really reduce the distance between us. I really appreciate the convenience they bring to society.

The more exposure you have on social media, the more opportunities you will get. PLN preserve all the thoughts you have, those posts and comments save you ideas from the past. If you are struggling with one tough question, you can review your PLN looking for a similar solving strategy, learning from the past is also a great way to progress. There isn’t any way for individuals to know everything about the world. Sometimes we must step outside of our comfort zone and embracing others’ critical. Always know what is my weakness and have the ability to distinguish what is right and wrong, because others’ comments not always help you improve. Don’t be afraid of mistakes, as long as you understand the concept, you can learn from it.

Resource:

Edci 338. (2020). EDCI 338 A01 – GLAUSER, Amber.

Del Giudice, M. (2013). From information society to network society: The challenge.    Cham: Springer International Publishing. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-02490-5